Thursday, August 12, 2010

Birthday Love Poems

Birthday Love Poems



Birthday Gift


There are things I'd like to say
to you my love on your special day:

I am forever thankful God sent you my way.

Like a gift from up above,
you showed me how it is to feel real love.

I know many mountains we've had to climb
and sometimes forever
has seemed like a very long time.

Yes, we've endured our share of pain,
but together we have so much to gain.

Bigger mountains may lie ahead,
but together there is no hill we can not tread.

So always remember my love for you,
and there is nothing together we can not do.

I'll be here forever - my love is true.
The person beside me, that would be you.

Nina

******************




I Got the Gift


It’s your birthday,
but I’m the lucky (man, woman)
who got to be with you for another year.
It’s your birthday, and the older you get,
the more wonderful you become.

It’s your birthday,
and I’m privileged to share the years with you.
It’s your birthday, and each year
I find the depth of my love for you growing.

It’s your birthday, and I look forward with joy
to each day we spend together.

It’s your birthday, and I wonder how I got along
for all the birthdays I didn’t know you.

It’s your birthday, and it’s amazing
how easy and enjoyable it is to be with you each day.

It’s your birthday, and no matter what fate has in store for us,
I know it will be a pleasure to spend life with you.

It’s your birthday, but I got the gift--
You in my life for another year.
Karl Fuchs


******************



Unrequited Birthday Love



I bought a card for you last week
if only I can find it,
it should arrive your natal day
with all my love behind it.

You've moved two times since my last card,
you never did write back,
I know I had your address once
but somehow I've lost track.

So I'll spend three hours finding it
then write it out just so,
then decorate the envelope:
a birthday-sticker bow.

I can't recall when you last phoned
or how long since you wrote,
but I'll find fancy paper
and insert a friendly note.

Then just before I send it off
I'll cover it with prayer,
that God will bless your special day
till you have joy to spare.

And once it's there within your hands
you'll tear it carelessly,
and in your fast-paced, hurried life,
won't even think of me.

My card won't see the light of day, 

you'll peek in it for cash,
and when you're sure there's none inside,
you'll toss it ~ in the trash.

Connie Hinnen Cook




******************


Happy Birthday My Love


Sometimes we sit quietly
Together side by side
Conversation is not a necessity
As our minds are intertwined

For it is not through words alone
That our life only flows
But many different things
That binds our very souls

We have had so many dreams
That life has fulfilled
But contentment is the greater thing
That lingers in our minds still

The rhythm of our lives
Has always been so good
Bringing us so many pleasures
As life together should

I say to you my love
As you sit quietly by my side
Our souls are bound together
By so many strong ties

My Life with you is always
In wonderful anticipation
Words are not a necessity
In every situation
Happy Birthday My Love!



******************


A Birthday

My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a watered shoot;
My heart is like an apple tree
Whose boughs are bent with thickset fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these
Because my love is come to me.

Raise me a dais of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves, and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves, and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.

Christina Rosetti



******************







source:http://www.lovefatedestiny.com


Tags:love,love poems,Anniversary Love Poems,anniversary love poems,anniversary,




Love Quotes, Famous Love Quotes, Exclusive Love Quotes, Love Quote, free Love Quotes, life quotes, cute quotes, Romantic Love Quotes, sweet love quotes, Love Sayings,birthday love poems,birthday,love poems,birthday poems,poems


No comments:

Post a Comment