2. Freshen up your skin with a toner containing ingredients that suit your skin type.
3. Indulge your skin and keep it hydrated with a moisturizer that is compatable with your skin type. Make sure your daytime moisturizer contains SPF to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
4. Treat yourself to an at-home-facial 2 to 3 times a week. Use a mild cleanser, then exfoliate with a gentle scrub that contains exfoliants that are round and non-abrasive.
5. Apply a facial mask after exfoliating. Rinse off thoroughly and get a good night's sleep!
2. Continue blending over the jawline and onto your neck to achieve a natural, seamless look. Check your face and neck in natural light to make sure the foundation is completely blended in all areas.
3. If under-eye circles or red spots remain, do not add more foundation; it can look heavy and cakey. Instead, try a concealer.
Hiding Spots - Using Concealer
Concealer is more dense than foundation, allowing fuller coverage of trouble spots and hyperpigmentation (red areas). It can be used over foundation or on it own, and has greater staying power. Remember, a little goes a long way!
1. Since the skin under your eyes is more transparent, it tends to look dark, especially at the inner corner near the bridge of the nose. To even out the tone, concealer is a must. Using liquid concealer, gently pat over dark under-eye circles (don't sweep it across the entire area), then blend with your ring finger.
2. To cover trouble spots and imperfections, apply a thicker cream concealer onto the blemish or flaw. Then lightly press with a makeup sponge.
1. Dip a puff or powder brush in loose powder. Shake off excess to avoid uneven distribution, then apply powder over entire face and neck.
2. To maintain a flawless finish throughout the day, apply pressed powder using a sponge or clean powder brush.
Applying Makeup in 5 minutes
How To Apply Makeup In Five Minutes
- After taking a bath, apply some moisturizer on your face. Leave it on your face for sometime; say a minute or two, so that your skin gets enough time to absorb the moisture.
- In the meantime, get your entire makeup ready, so that you do not end up wasting time looking for different cosmetics. In other words, you need to prepare your foundation, sponge/ foundation brush, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, sharpened brow pencil, lipstick, lip brush, loose powder, powder blushes and blush-on brush.
- Now, apply the foundation on your face and blend it with the help of a sponge or a foundation brush.
- Next, you will have to apply your favorite eye shadow, followed by eyeliner, which will help define your eyes. Concentrate on the shape of your eyes while using the liner, since you only have limited time in hand and do not want to use it in correcting wrong make up.
- Apply mascara on the tips of your eyelashes. At this point, if it is needed, you can apply a few small strokes of brow pencil, to enhance the color or shape of your eyebrows.
- Apply a nice shade of lipstick on your lips. Instead of directly applying the lipstick onto your lips, use a lip brush to spread the color evenly over them in less time.
- Put some blush-on on your cheeks, with the help of a brush. Thereafter, gently apply some loose powder on your nose and the t-zone. This will prevent the area from becoming oily.
- Finally, go for a quick final check in the mirror to see whether you need to make a few corrections or not. If not, you are ready to dazzle in front of the world!