Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Missing you quotes | i miss you quotes



“They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now”

“Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.”

“It only takes a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone & a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone”

“When I see your smile, and I know it’s not for me, that’s when I’ll miss you” ~

“Can miles truly separate you from friends…. If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” ~Richard Bach

“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” ~Nicholas Sparks

“Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair.” ~ William Cowper

“If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” ~Claudia Ghandi

“What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” ~Richard Wilbur

“Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” ~Kay Knudsen


Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St Vincent Millay


Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart. ~Kay Knudsen


Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated. ~Lamartine


All days are nights to see till I see thee,
And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me.
~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet XLIII"


Can miles truly separate you from friends.... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there? ~Richard Bach


How like a winter hath my absence been
From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!
What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen!
What old December's bareness everywhere!
~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet XCVII"


Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau


If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Claudia Ghandi


Within you I lose myself...
Without you I find myself
Wanting to be lost again.
~Author Unknown


Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell. ~Emily Dickinson, "Parting"


Gone - flitted away,
Taken the stars from the night and the sun
From the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart.
~Alfred Tennyson


Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair. ~William Cowper


What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you. ~Richard Wilbur


No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. ~Robert Southey


Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stitched with its color.
~W.S. Merwin, "Separation"


Thou art gone from my gaze like a beautiful dream.
And I seek thee in vain by the meadow and stream.
~George Linley


Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age. ~John Dryden


Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. ~Tryon Edwards


When I go away from you
The world beats dead
Like a slackened drum....
~Amy Lowell, "The Taxi"


Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly,
We ought to be together, you and I.
~Henry Alford, "You and I" (Thanks, Jenn)


As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence. ~Alcibiades


Oft in the tranquil hour of night,
When stars illume the sky,
I gaze upon each orb of light,
And wish that thou wert by.
~George Linley


Days of absence, sad and dreary,
Clothed in sorrow's dark array, -
Days of absence, I am weary;
She I love is far away.
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau



You left, and my heart is a ceaseless sermon of loneliness. ~Jaesse Tyler


In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged. ~Hans Nouwens


The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook


What shall I do with all the days and hours
That must be counted ere I see thy face?
How shall I charm the interval that lowers
Between this time and that sweet time of grace?
~Frances Anne Kemble


I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. ~Albany Bach Reid


I keep coming back to you in my head, but you couldn't know that, and I have no carbons. ~Adrienne Rich


I am tired, Beloved,
of chafing my heart against
the want of you;
of squeezing it into little inkdrops,
And posting it.
~Amy Lowell, "The Letter"


I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you. ~Author Unknown


To die and part is a less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment. ~George Lansdowne


In the hope to meet
Shortly again, and make our absence sweet.
~Ben Jonson


The joy of meeting pays the pangs of absence; else who could bear it? ~Nicholas Rowe


Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos. ~Charles M. Schulz


Where'er I roam, whatever realms to see,
My heart untravelled, fondly turns to thee;
Still to my brother turns, with ceaseless pain,
And drags at each remove a lengthening chain.
~Oliver Goldsmith, The Traveller


Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will. ~Author Unknown


We only part to meet again. ~John Gay


She went her unremembering way,
She went and left in me
The pang of all the partings gone,
And partings yet to be.
~Francis Thompson


One kind kiss before we part,
Drop a tear, and bid adieu;
Though we sever, my fond heart
Till we meet shall pant for you.
~Robert Dodsley


As the presence of those we love is as a double life, so absence, in its anxious longing and sense of vacancy, is as a foretaste of death. ~Anna Brownell Jameson


Ye flowers that drop, forsaken by the spring,
Ye birds that, left by summer, cease to sing,
Ye trees that fade, when Autumn heats remove,
Say, is not absence death to those who love?
~Alexander Pope


A goodbye isn't painful unless you're never going to say hello again. ~Author Unknown


Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after moments or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach


Ever absent, ever near;
Still I see thee, still I hear;
Yet I cannot reach thee, dear!
~Francis Kazinczy


Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure, if I knew you were missing me too. ~Author Unknown


Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire. ~Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld, translated from French


The eternal quest of the individual human being is to shatter his loneliness. ~Norman Cousins


It is loneliness that makes the loudest noise. This is true of men as of dogs. ~Eric Hoffer


I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes
---------------
Tags: miss you quotes, i miss you quotes, missing you quotes, miss you quote, miss you quotes sayings, i miss you quote, missing you quote, and miss you quotes, miss you love quotes, will miss you quotes, and i miss you quotes, funny miss you quotes, i miss you love quotes, i will miss you quotes, miss you friend quotes, miss you quotes for, miss you like quotes, cute miss you quotes, i miss you like quotes, quotes for i miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment