Ayurvedic skin care, Herbal skin care, Top Ayurvedic Tips For Skin Care
Home Remdy For Acne, Pores
The first thing that you need to do in your ayurvedic skin treatment is to determine the type of skin that you have. There are three types of them according to ayurvedic medicine. The first one is known as Vata skin. Vata skin is a dry skin, very sensitive to climate changes. It can get easily dehydrated and can cause "breaks" in determined joints, like the knuckles, which may cause some minor bleeding. The same may happen with the lips.
The other type of skin is known as Pitta skin. It is a soft skin, prone to freckles and moles due to its low tolerance to the rays of the sun. If this skin finds itself out of balance, it will react in different ways, like acne, sunspots or even rashes.
Finally, there is Kapha skin, which is quite tolerant to the sun due to its oily consistency and its thickness. It ages slower than other kinds of skin and doesn't wrinkle. Unfortunately, it has some inconvenients like water retention, pimples due to the excessive oil and eczema.
It must be mentioned that there are combinations between these types of skins, so it is in your best interest to determine what kind of skin you have for applying a proper skin treatment. The only way to do it is through an ayurvedic skin specialist. And that's the second tip. Find someone who has that kind of knowledge and who is able to help you. Read Determining skin Type
The final tip is to combat stress. Believe it or not, stress is the origin of a lot of our ailments, and our skin is no stranger to it. In order to combat stress you need to sleep well (the average is eight hours per day), do some kind of physical activity that relaxes your mind and body (for example, yoga), eat healthy food (the ayurvedic specialist will determine which kind of food is ideal for your type of skin), and visit, once in a while, a spa in order to receive an ayurvedic skin treatment.
Skin discoloration and ayurveda can be strongly related, but only if you wish so. Many of the ailments that your skin suffers can be cured with ayurvedic medicine. Think about it. If you want it, you can have a fairer skin; ayurveda is not a magical solution, but the accumulation of thousands of years of knowledge. Do not overestimate alternative medicine and give ayurvedic skin care a try.
If the skin is not cared properly and neglected it suffers from premature aging, becomes dull and blemished. Regular consumption of milk, honey and yogurt are good nourishment for skin and prevents premature aging.
Following are some common skin problems and ayurvedic remedy for preventing and curing the same.
Acne and Pimples
The aggravation of tridosha or the three energies of the body results in the occurrence of acne, pimples and blackheads. In all pitta dosha is effected the most and it happens so due to the excessive intake of alcohol, tea, coffee, spicy, oily and fried foods.
Stress, tension, pollution and chemicals are also among the major causes that aggravates Pitta dosha and result in acne, boils, pimples and rashes.
· A paste made from one teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and turmeric mixed with milk, is very good. A paste of nutmeg and water is also beneficial.
· Half a cup of Aloe Vera pulp can be taken internally (Do not take internally if pregnant) or applied externally to the skin. Dosage: Twice a day.
· Before going to bed, was the face thoroughly and then apply a paste of 1 Tsp. coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder.
· For pimples, apply a paste made from one teaspoon of cumin seeds. Remove after one hour.
· A paste of fresh fenugreek leaves, applied and washed off with warm water before going to bed prevents pimples.
Imbalance of Bhrajaka Pitta that colors the skin and can be compared to melanin causes blackening, pigmentation and discoloration of skin. Excessive exposure to the sun, irregular eating, sleeping habits and consumption of foods and drinks that aggravate pitta are responsible for the aggravation of bhrajka pitta also.
· Grind five almonds and mix with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to the face and neck. Leave on for about fifteen minutes.
· Apply papaya juice, or mashed papaya, to the affected areas.
· Grind equal amounts of sesame seeds and turmeric in a small quantity of
· Water Apply to the face or discolored skin.
· Make a paste from basil (tulsi) leaves and water to use on the affected skin.
This is due to the aggravation of vata dosha, which naturally increases with age. Thus aging is something that can be prevented to come to early but can't be cured as such. It's a natural ongoing process and beyond human limit to control it.
Aging causes dryness and wrinkling of the skin. Factors like excessive thinking, stress, tension, over work, strain, irregular sleeping and eating habits and cold or dry foods enhance aging. Foods containing artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and chemicals also aggravate the Vata dosha and fasten aging.
· Massage the face with ghee, almond oil or coconut oil before going to bed.
· Use grated cucumber in a face pack.
· Apply fresh aloe Vera gel to the skin.
Fair , healthy and glowing skin attracts everybody's attention. Ayurveda has many solutions to have a fair , healthy and glowing skin.
According to ayurveda skin has seven layers . When imbalanced doshas affect these layers different type of skin diseases arise. Doshas may get imbalanced in body and locally on skin.
Vata dosha is dominant in skin . The qualities of vata dosha are Cold, Light, Dry, Rough, Hard and Mobililty.