Thursday, December 17, 2009

A change of pace


I've always thought that one of these days I might grow up to be a real artist, but as time marches on, I suppose I'll have to be content with what God's given me.

I've always wanted to do something involving the Blessed Mother, but for some reason, the face is a hang up. With all of the beautiful artwork done over the ages, and still today, I can't do her justice. So I won't try.

But - there must be something I can do.

So I visualize who she is to me - comfort.

As a boy, she basically became the source of all motherly comfort for me. A mother always loves you, always understands. She's always calling us to her, and by doing so calling us to Jesus and to His Church.

This sketch is my humble attempt at artistic (using the term loosely) devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment