Friday, September 12, 2008

"Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge..."


Well, Archbishop Niederauer has invited Mrs. Pelosi in for a chat. Somehow, I don't envision Mrs. Pelosi leaving that meeting proclaiming "I've seen the light!". Seems to me that there would be some highly nuanced and carefully worded statement regarding "dialogue" - that favorite word of the Enemies of the Church.

Of course, the National Catholic Distorter weighs in on it, complete the required liberal opinion of a couple of dissenters ( Reese and O'Brien ).
Here's what David J. O’Brien, professor emeritus of Catholic studies at Holy Cross College had to say : “It shows some willingness to have dialogue,” O’Brien said. “There’s been movement to make the bishops’ role primarily one of teacher, his job is to proclaim. This shows a willingness to listen, I hope. Bishops should be having a conversation with their church.”

Link to the article : http://ncronline3.org/drupal/?q=node/1784

Gee, and I thought their primary job WAS to teach. Maybe I didn't pay attention in my late-70's "theology" class at Bishop Liberal High School...

No comments:

Post a Comment