may day sms, 1 may maharashtra din sms, may day greetings, maharashtra wishes
May Day is celebrated on May 1 of every year.
1 May Day, It is marked for demonstrations and celebrations organised by the workers’ unions and socialist groups to put up their demands for collective welfare and against workers’ exploitation.
Maharashtra Day is on the 1st of May. This day is also called as the Workers Day. All workers have holiday on this day. It is also called as the "Kaamgaar Din" (in local language).
May Day Messages, 1 may maharashtra din sms, Maharashtra Day Quotes
- Heaven is blessed with perfect rest but the blessing of earth is toil. ~Henry van Dyke
- A lot of what passes for depression these days is nothing more than a body saying that it needs work. ~Geoffrey Norman
- The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen
- Sweat cleanses from the inside. It comes from places a shower will never reach. ~George Sheehan
- God sells us all things at the price of labour. ~Leonardo da Vinci
- Nothing got without pains but an ill name and long nails. ~Scottish Proverb
- Boredom is a sickness the cure for which is work; pleasure is only a palliative. ~Le Duc de Lévis, Mémoires
- What the country needs are a few labour-making inventions. ~Arnold Glasow
- Work isn’t to make money; you work to justify life. ~Marc Chagall
- It is necessary to work, if not from inclination, at least from despair. Everything considered, work is less boring than amusing oneself. ~Charles Baudelaire
- When I work I relax; doing nothing or entertaining visitors makes me tired. ~Pablo Picasso
- There are moments when art attains almost to the dignity of manual labour. ~Author Unknown
- We are closer to the ants than to the butterflies. Very few people can endure much leisure. ~Gerald Brenan
International Workers’ Day (a name used interchangeably with May Day) is a celebration of the social and economic achievements of the international labor movement.
May Day commonly sees organized street demonstrations and street marches by millions of working people and their labour unions throughout most of the countries of the world — though, as noted below, rarely in the United States and Canada.